Tuesday, June 22, 2010

In Case of Emergency Hit Play - Part 4

Summer is finally here.  Between the sweat in my eyes and the number of snakes I've seen around the Red Butte area it is abundantly clear, the heat is on.  


Which also gets me thinking about the Wasatch high country and how accessible it is.  It's always a question this time of year and sometimes I'm not willing to take the gamble and find out. Mostly for fear of not getting in as much running as I want and I usually have a limited amount of time.  This led me to an idea about having a trail conditions page, similar to the one The Utah Nordic Alliance maintains during the winter months.  Any interest?  I could set up a page where we list the snow conditions of trails located in the Wasatch.  Leave a comment if you think this would be useful.


Also, check back soon for a Bighorn 100 race report from Erik.


Now on to the playlist.  If you missed the reasoning behind the Emergency Playlist check out the first installment for an explanation.  Make a guess on who's playlist it is or just enjoy the tunes.

*Note: if you're using a feed reader to view this you will not be able to see the music player in each post.

AC/DC - Thunderstruck

Beck - Qué Onda Guero

G. Love and Special Sauce - Willow Tree

Jack Johnson - Holes to Heaven

Dave Matthews Band - Proudest Monkey

8 comments:

Unknown said...

A trail conditions page?...for sure! What a great resource it would be for all the mountain runner types locally. Oh, and two BIG thumbs up for Thunderstruck. I can't tell you how many times that song has fired me up. Thanks for sharing...

Michael said...

This would be very valuable-about 4 weeks back Connie, Suki,Liz and I were wondering what possessed us to try and come off the back side of Black Mountain to City Creek in a snow-filled gully.It was hairball-and we saw others in the same predicament! I've been wondering what kind of high country is accessible as Speedgoat is looming around the bend.

Brian Beckstead said...

The runner behind this music is truly a runner after my own ears! Great choice of music!

Trail condition page would be great especially early season.

Chuck said...

Great idea! I could use it for trail conditions as well as summer ski conditions. Wolverine Circ and Patsey are still very skiable; as we found out this past Saturday: http://www.flickr.com/photos/konopa/4719255629/

Anonymous said...

i think it is a great idea...i use the trail conditions forum on utah mountain biking right now, but they can't ride everywhere i want to run!

Christian said...

Alright, sounds like a few of you are up for sharing what you learn about the conditions. I would expect this to become a 'community' project, if you use it you should contribute back to it.
I'll work on something that should facilitate this. It's probably a little late to utilize it for this year but at least we can get it rolling for the next season.

Christian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christian said...

Alright, sounds like a few of you are up for sharing what you learn about the conditions. I would expect this to become a 'community' project, if you use it you should contribute back to it.
I'll work on something that should facilitate this. It's probably a little late to utilize it for this year but at least we can get it rolling for the next season.
I would like to see the ability to give a description, include photos and see where it is on map. Probably organize it by County, Canyon or area, then trail. Any other ideas?