Thursday, June 19, 2008

Desolation Lake and Wasatch Crest Trail

As usual for this time of year my soul was itchin to get up on the crest. Monday morning I decided to run from Mill D in Big Cottonwood to Desolation Lake. The rail was in great shape with only a few patchs of snow up to the lake. Desolation was almost totally frozen over and the valley to the north had 2 to 3 feet of snow. It was beautiful!!!! When I got up to the crest i figured I might as well check Great Western out. I ran across the crest and it was SNOWY! In some spots it was still 6 feet deep. Then I headed down and back up to Dog Lake. The water level is the highest I have ever seen it. Then I returned to Big down Mill D. What a great run. It will be a while until the snow is gone, but it really didn't take away from one of the best loops in the Wasatch. Happy running and I will see most of you on Saturday. 

P.S. Watch out for the Rattlesnakes. Had a close call Wed on the face a Grandeur!

No comments: