Sunday, October 30, 2011

One Last Desolation Loop

The wild flowers of 2011 are gone. The air is cool enough that no one thinks whether the spring is running. It doesn't matter. There is no risk that you will overheat. The debate is whether to start with headlamp, even at 7 AM. The days are shorter, the leafless trees and frost on the ground are evidence of the inevitable coming of winter. The clock is ticking, but there is still time for a few runs up high. Fortunately, the falling of the leaves is followed by the falling of snow, which makes way for an entirely different sort of run.




5 comments:

Jay said...

One of the best runs of the year! Thanks gents for letting me be a part of it!!

Nate said...

I went up later from Mill D. It was indeed one of my favorite runs of the year!

Scott Dickey said...

Great run for sure. It's was a perfect morning.

Speedgoat Karl said...

it is a beautiful run. I ran it on Sunday. I broke my record. I picked up 11 pieces of random trash. Hmmmm, what's up with that? I felt like I was back in Hong Kong.

Plano Plumbers said...

Loved reading this, thanks