Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Date With The Devil

Coming up this Saturday, Jay, Peter and myself are heading up to Bozeman for the Devil's Backbone 50 miler.  I did this race back in 2007 when I was a little less experienced and probably didn't give the Devil enough respect that day.  Case in point, it took me 1:40 to climb to the first 7 miles and 3,400' of the race and a full 1:50 to descend that same distance at the end of the race.  It wasn't pretty.  Despite the way it turned out I have fond memories of the race, mostly the course and the views from the Gallatin Divide.  Simply put, it needs to be seen to be appreciated and now two of my friends will get to witness it for themselves.  Good times.

I think I'll take Jerry's advice this time around...


This year looks like it will be little different as there is still a fair amount of snow up high. Tom Hayes the race director has sent out a few pictures to whet our appetite.  Looks like our glissading practice is going to come in handy.  Report to follow.

3 comments:

Mick said...

Good luck guys. Have fun.

Unknown said...

So how did it go up in Montana for the SLC boys? Anxious to hear about it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the great run MRC crew. Was that a reverse split Jay ran? Wow.