Thursday, February 18, 2010

Red Hot 50K Race Report


Wow, what a difference a little training makes. As many of you know my life the last couple of years has been a bit crazy. Throw 4 kids into the mix and running has taken a bit of a backseat. While running in Moab this past weekend I remembered what it was like to really enjoy running. I have run the Poison Spider trail before but this was my first Red Hot 50K. The first loop in the race we had a bit of snow. I dont know if I was just used to slogging through the white stuff up millcreek or what, but it didnt bother me to much. I haven't raced for a long time and had no idea what to expect, I went out really slow and and finished strong. I had so much fun! I loved the course and cant wait to run next year. In the end my finish time was pretty slow and I have a ton of work to do for the upcoming season. It was a great way to come out of retirment. I havent felt this excited about getting out on the trails in a long time. Congrats to the MRC for the great showing. See you all soon. Thanks for the great pics Greg!

3 comments:

Erik said...

Glad to see a little fire in your eyes again Snuffy!!

Greg said...

Rich, you looked so good at the end you actually made running a ultra look fun. Nice to see you out racing again.

Jay said...

Rich - Glad you are back. looking forward to many runs and races with you this year!